Saturday, April 7, 2012

G is for.......



.......Garden.

"It all began in a Garden"


This morning I spent a couple of hours pulling weeds, raking, washing chairs and tables and just doing general cleaning in my "secret" garden
 in preparation for my kiddos coming over to color Easter eggs.

I love this time of year because it is such a beautiful time to spend outside.


However today when it was time to color eggs it was too stinkin' hot
to be outside to do it!  All three of the tables I had set up were in the sun!
So instead we had to color eggs inside.  
and we had to be ever so much more careful that we
would have had to be outside!
You just can never count on the weather!



I made this fun flower pot tower several years ago,
but last year I took it all apart and painted the pots
in funky patterns and colors.

I've seen several of these flower pot towers on Pinterest lately.

The top photo shows Mia and I planting some strawberries about a month ago.
Here she is today checking
to see if she has any ripe strawberries.
AMAZING!
She ALWAYS has a strawberry to pick!
Sometimes we help Mother Nature a little by "planting" a strawberry for her to find.


As it got a little later and it got a little cooler,
we played a little knock the colored water bottles
down with the beanbags.

We also played a little badminton.


This is a picture of the quilt I didn't get photographed YESTERDAY!

My heart is so filled with gratitude for all the blessings that God has given me.
He is my constant companion and strength.  I am truly blessed.

Easter Blessing to you all.
tammy


3 comments:

  1. Wow, That sure is a pretty garden. And such a pretty daughter, too.
    Loving the tilted flower pots.
    -Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming shots of your garden and the little flower with the white shoes finding a planted strawberry. I wish I was hot. It's raining here in London. U.K. and I'm sitting with a rug over my knees. Your sunny garden gives me hope of warmth to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your garden, especially the use of blue pots and pots on pots. Mine needs a makeover. I like your t-shirt quilt too. I had t-shirt quilts made for my girls (sorry, I'm not a quilter) - one was all softball and one was horses and 4-H.

    ReplyDelete