Tuesday, April 17, 2012

O is for Oregon, I think

I was thinking that I would write about something
ostentatious or outrageous on this "O" day of the
 A-Z Blog challenge,
but since I'm pretty much an ordinary sort of gal
I guess I'll have to settle for writing about our travels
to Oregon.

Oregon has it all............

Beautiful beaches in Seaside

Two of my favorite people

Treasure hunting in the ocean

Green hiking trails

scenic biking trails

blackberries by the roadside ripe for picking

Lots of WINERIES!

Mountain side resort where the movie "The Shining" took place
(sad note....only the outside of the building was used!
all the rest of the movie took place somewhere else!)

and where else can you make a snowman in September?

Beautiful flowers

Hiking in God's country
Unfortunately I didn't have any pictures of the QUILT stores you find in almost every little town in Oregon!   
I'm a homegrown Ohio girl and I really miss those 
green rolling hills that surrounded me there.  
Oregon reminds me of the home of my youth..........God's Country.


13 comments:

  1. What fab pictures it looks like such a super place, I would like to visit one day. Thanks for your comments on my blog jollyjillys. Now following

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been there. It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammy! Oh, I love your Oregon post. You are right, it does have it all. Thanks so much for stopping by to see me; I am your newest follower.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your pictures...Oregon is a great place to visit. Thanks for stopping in and leaving a comment....Happy A-Z

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oregon is the top state on my list of states I want to visit, I have seen so many gorgeous pictures of Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always wanted to visit Oregon,and after seeing this post I'm hoping I can do it soon!
    So many beautiful things to see and do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, if I didn't already love your blog (and I did!), today's post put it on the top of my list for so many reasons. You absolutely killed me in this post! I am an "Oregon (by way of California) Girl" who landed in Ohio, and one of the things my husband and I love about Ohio is that it reminds us of Oregon, lol! We moved directly from Oregon to Texas and immediately went into absolute tree shock. Show us a picture of a conifer, and we would cry! So when we got transferred to Ohio and needed to look for a home, we drove our realtor crazy, insisting that we weren't looking at houses so much as the (hopefully!) wooded lots they were situated on! We've been to so many of the places in your pictures! The Oregon Tourism board should give you a call, lol! Funny that my "P" post today took place in...you guessed it!...Oregon!!!! Thanks for a real emotional lift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elaine.......you are not going to believe this but I am an Arizona, by way of Ohio and Southern California girl. We have a lot in common. We have been here in AZ for over 30 years and while it is not green it does have a beauty of it's own. We try to vacation in Oregon every chance we get.

      Delete