Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hello there!

I've missed my blog!  It has been a very long time since I've been here. 
My last post was April 2012 and I had just finished up the A-Z Blogging challenge.  I stopped blogging mainly because Blogger told me that I had used up my picture quota and well, I really like to post pictures. 
I was able to post the picture above tonight, so I don't know if perhaps I had used the quota for 2012 and maybe I was reset in 2013?  Guess we'll have to see!

My life got a little hectic after April last year.  Without going into a lot of details I'll just say that my dad, who lives in another state, had a major operation and I went to spend some time there with my dad and mom. 
Just before dad's surgery my son and daughter-in-law blessed us with a precious new granddaughter, then my daughter-in-law was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma.
  It's been a long hard road but things seem to be settling into a new normal.  Dad is doing great, my daughter-in-law has finished months of chemo and radiation, looks great, is feeling pretty good AND is growing a beautiful head of hair!  My "new" grandbaby is just a perfect angel and almost 8 months old! 

So blessed!  So thankful to God from whom all blessing flow.

My beautiful granddaughters and I spend
Super Bowl Sunday together and I'll
tell you.............we didn't watch the game!


So what do you think of the picture I posted at the beginning of my ramblings?  It is a quilt that I have made for my NEXT grandbaby whom is due TOMORROW!

Nighty Night,
tammy



7 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I am sorry to hear about all the health issues, but glad everyone seems to be doing better. What wonderful blessings, 2 new grand-babies in one year!

    I absolutely love the Figment quilt. My younger daughter (she's 6) is a *huge* fan of Figment. Did you use a pattern or make that up? It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kat!

      As you probably already know Figment "stuff" is pretty hard to come by!
      My very talented son-in-law painted a watercolor picture to hang in his new daughter's room. I borrowed the picture and made the center of the Figment quilt by making applique
      pieces by tracing his drawing, then satin stitching those pieces to a background fabric, then adding a few borders to make the quilt big enough.
      Took forever, but mom and dad seem happy with the results.

      I'm curious...........how did your daughter develop her fondness for Figment? Most people don't even know who/what I am talking about when I mention Figment. My daughter (who is now 26) was a *very close and personal* friend with Figment when she was a character performer at Walt Disney world a few years ago!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to see you back. Will you be doing AtoZ again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to have you again!!...You have a precious family!!...Congrats again for a sweet angel Grace...Love you all!!...A Big Hug!!...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your newest grandbaby and what an adorable quilt!

    ReplyDelete