The first birthday of Miss Mia is fast approaching
and Jenny is planning a watermelon themed party for her.
So in the spirit of things I decided to create some watermelon themed accessories.
Can you see the little pink bathing suit pinned on the quilt?
I appliqued some watermelons on it!
I found this cool watermelon fabric when I was at Rosies Calico Cupboard
in San Diego. I was hoping to find a coordinating watermelon print fabric
here in Phoenix. Unfortunately I didn't find any and I didn't have enough
fabric to really complete this quilt. So I decided to add a white border
and make some cornerstones out of the leftover piecing.
Here is the quilt top with white borders and leftover pieces for cornerstones.
Now the fun part begins............I'm going to add some applique.
Yesterday I loaded my longarm with this Nativity panel.
I've been having significant problems with my longarm lately.
A couple of months back I purchased new wheels to upgrade my longarm.
Unfortunately the new wheels have created a problem with static electricity.
The static electricity has arced and messed with the electronic with my machine. Fortunately the folks at APQS have been really helpful providing a grounding kit and technical support.
I haven't wanted to load customer quilts until I have had this problem resolved, which I think I may have done yesterday.
The Nativity panel came out pretty good. Only one blip with the machine.
I'm hoping to quilt Mia's quilt tomorrow and that will be the final test.
She checked out the top today and told me that she likes it!
Blessed are the piecemakers,