Monday, October 5, 2009

Design Wall Monday



As I said in one of my last posts
I have been ITCHING to piece something!
So on my recent getaway to quilt camp that's just what I did!
I sewed the first 3 blocks of Debbie Bowles "Yikes" quilt.
(Yes, yes, I can count...........there are 6 blocks.
You make a light and dark version of each of the 12 blocks!)

This quilt (when finished) will actually go on MY bed!
Can you believe that I don't have a quilt on MY bed?



Here we are.........the Friday Night Quilters
at Pines and Needles quilt camp up in
Christopher Creek Arizona.
The weather this past weekend was absolutely wonderful!
I did quite alot of sewing, alot of eating & drinking and even
some hiking. More on quilt camp in the next post......


The day before quilt camp I worked on and FINISHED
this huge quilt for Mary. Blaire, Mary's daughter chose
the fabrics for this huge quilt, designed the pattern and
did the piecing. This is her first quilt!




Also before quilt camp I finished up these
2 quilts for Jennifer. The one on the bottom
was my design wall last Monday!
I was trying to decide what to quilt on it!
I finally decided on a Greek key type border
(even tho this quilt did NOT have a real border)
I did quilt abit of stitching in the ditch around each
of the pieced squares and circles and then geometric
shape in the remainder of the quilt.
Jennifer was going to a quilt camp this past weekend
and she was going to be doing the binding on this quilt.




Well, for now I'm off to "Jazz my Size" or
Jazzercize as most people call it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow you have been a busy thing. sounds like a great time at camp.
    Bec

    ReplyDelete