Monday, July 13, 2009

Design Wall Monday

This little quilt is a Ricky Tims Harmonic Convergence pattern.

I wrote about this project about a week ago when I posted
about my Design Journal.
During Rafael and Jenny's engagement I took each of them
separately to a fabric store and asked them to pick out 2
coordinating fabrics that they liked and then I used them to
make this wall hanging.
On my recent trip my mom helped me pick out a border fabric
that would compliment this piece.
It was a tough job let me tell you!
Now I just need to decide on an inner border.
There are 3 choices in this picture......
1) a light purple print
2) a medium dark batik
3) a very dark batik
At the moment I am leaning toward the medium dark batik,
but would love to hear some input on these color choices
or any other color that I could use.
This quilt will be quilted and then beaded, but I have yet
to be inspired as to how to do this.
I'm thinking maybe a trapunto'd heart pattern to begin with.
Just not sure..............any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment