Thursday, December 3, 2009

Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI)




I received an email today from my friend Dolly telling me that the new auction has started for Ami Simms Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.


What is special (to me) about this particular auction is that Dolly's 11 year old daughter Kelly AND her mom Joanne
both have quilts that they have donated included in this auction.
This is Kelly's LadyBug quilt.
This is Joanne's Patchwork of Life quilt.
and click on the pictures of the quilts you will get to read the artist's statements
and on Kelly's......see her picture! She is the youngest quilter ever to donate a quilt!
I was fortunate enough to get to see Joanne's quilt up close and personal.
What is amazing about her quilt is that all of those tiny, little bitty, miniscule triangles
are all PIECED! This is not a printed piece of fabric you are looking at here folks!
I just hope that their gifts of love will bring lots of bidders and $$$ for this cause.
Kelly's grandpa recently passed away after suffering many years with
Alzheimer's disease.
What a lovely tribute Kelly and Joanne have offered him.

No comments:

Post a Comment