Monday, February 22, 2010

Nightmare in Tempe Town Lake

No pictures today, but I have a story to tell.

A few weeks back I asked Jenny if she would like to go on a Mother/Daughter trip before the blessed day that she gives me my first grandbaby.
We decided on Disneyland so
MY mom could join us as well.
3 1/2 generations on a trip together!

Jenny being the frugal young woman she is mentioned that Disney was running a Give a Day, Get a day opportunity.  So she promptly started investigating volunteer opportunities. 

Did she choose the white glove position at a quilt show?
or even Set up for a quilt show?

NO!

Jenny chose the Dog walk at Tempe Town Lake that took place on Sunday.
We sat at a table representing Safe Haven, a no kill cat shelter, located RIGHT BEISDE the St. Bernard rescue table where there were about 5 very large St. Bernards, two of which were playful puppies!

Now those of you who know me well, know that I am not particurally fond of dogs.  I don't dislike them, I just enjoy them most from a distance. 
So, as you might expect there were
quite a few dogs at this event.
(Last years event totaled over 10,000 participants)
There were dogs of all shapes and sizes wearing all sorts of interesting
things......raincoats, hats, sunglasses, knitted sweaters and even some with boots
on all 4 feet! 
But there were SO MANY of THEM!
And did I mention that the ground was super muddy from recent rains?

Jenny kept saying "Keep your eye on the prize mom.....a ticket to Disney!"

I kept breathing VERY deeply and I, indeed, kept my eye on the prize and
made it thru! 

That's my story..........the end.

1 comment:

  1. I am proude of you, it is abig thing to stretch ones comfort zone and you have done it well. Have a great time with mum, daughter and bump.
    Hugs Bec

    ReplyDelete