Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Here comes the sun!

The old saying goes, "April Showers bring May flowers".
WELL!
I live in the desert.
We didn't have any April showers and unfortunately some of
my flowers are now dying!
BUT!
WE HAVE HAD 14 STRAIGHT DAYS OF OVER
100 DEGREE TEMPERATURES!!!
AND IT IS ONLY MAY!!!!!
Our climate is really no different than many others.
When I lived back east we hunkered down for the winter
because it was too cold to go outside. We went out only when neccessary.
The desert is no different.
Only we hunker down when it is HOT outside.
Actually, I've managed to get quite alot done in the last two weeks
as you can see from the pictures that follow!.......
This is MY QUILT! I rarely get to quilt my own creations, but since I've had trouble with my elbows I wanted to get back in the swing of things on one of my own quilts. Just to make sure that my quilting was up to snuff!

Detail shots.

Quilting is

Not too



bad, if I do say so myself!




This is the gigantic quilt that I finally finished!
And a detail shot:




I've finished up several baby quilts:



I've decided to call this quilting pattern
"Muscle Hearts"



Another baby quilt.

Here's a little project that I was working on.
Can you guess what it is?



MOM? Can you guess?


Back side.
Finished project:


It's a Toaster cover that matches the curtains
that I made for mom's kitchen! (surprise mom!)

I'd say that my "indoor" time has been pretty well spent!
Tomorrow I"ll show you even MORE projects!