Friday, August 13, 2010

Sleepless in the Southwest

For some reason I've found myself wide awake
in the middle of the night lately.
Usually I toss and turn and try to go back to sleep,
but this night I decided to take a page from my friend
Carole's book and get up and go down to the studio.

At our last quilt retreat I started working on Debbie Boles "Yikes" quilt and
I made a couple of blocks last week at the "Area 51" Work on your
UFO's workshop I attended. 
Tonight is FNQ night and we are sewing at Patrick's studio so I decided to
get the rest of the blocks prepared so tonight all I have to do is
get the pedal to the medal and SEW!
Look at that!  I've got my blocks and patterns all ready to go!
Hopefully I'll finish them all up tonight!

Yesterday I got to spend some time with my two favorite girls:


And I'll get to see them again today since I get to spend some time
with Mia while Jenny attends to some business.
I wonder what mischief we will get into today?
Last time we were alone I offered Mia some frosting
(something I am notorious for!)
She pretty much shook her head at me and told me
(in no uncertain terms)
that "Babies don't get to have sugar until they have thier first birthday cake"
and "My mommy told me that I could not have frosting until then!"

Isn't she a smart girl already?

It's 5:30am and I think I'll try to close my eyes again and
get a little sleep if I can.
Don't want to be grouchy today with my Mia OR
tonight with the FNQer's!

Night,
tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment