Friday, February 19, 2010

Goddess of the Last Minute

Wow!  It's been so long since
 I posted I had to sign in!
I almost didn't remember my password!

Yesterday and today I've been working on my
quilt show entry.
I guess I could have waited another week or so....
it's not due in til March 4th.
Kidding!

Yesterday I loaded the longarm with a very thick
polyester batting and floated my quilt top.
Then using a water soluable thread on top and regular
thread in the bobbin I quilted around the major
shapes that I wanted to TRAPUNTO.

After the quilting is done you have to cut away all of the
thick batting from the areas that you don't want to stand out.
Here is a picture of what the quilt top looked like
at 6pm tonight:

I've cut the major blank areas of the

the batting away from the quilt back.

Now I just have to do the detail cutting.

4 hours, an episode of Survivor, and hour of Sex in the city movie, the last 1/2 of
Seventh Heaven episode, 2 loads of laundry, several Limoncello shots and one sappy Hallmark movie later the top looked like this:

Whew!  I'm really glad that the cutting is all finished! 
And here is the best part...........NOT ONE SINGLE CUT ON THE TOP OF THE QUILT!  In the past when I've done trapunto quilts no matter how careful I was, I always had a slip or two and but the quilt top.  The Limoncello must have given me a steady hand!

I took several breaks during my cutting marathon and during
one break I bottled my latest batch of Limoncello which I
began on Dec. 29.

During the last couple of days I've finished this quilt for Becky:

And made this label:


I embroidered this shirt for Jenny:

Embroidered this label for the round robin quilt:

And now it is time to rest!
Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment