I'm nearly finished with my little quiltlet for the
Spring Blooms quilt swap.
Machine embroidery was done yesterday as well as the
The person that I am sending this to requested a primitive style using no bright or light colors.
I hope that I have fulfilled her wishes.
This was a stretch for me as I really like to work with brights and batik fabrics.
All I need to do now is to hand sew a button, binding and label and I'll be all finished.
The techniques used on this pieced and appliqued quilt are hand embroidery, machine embroidery, yo-yo flowers, mock trapunto and longarm quilting.
Another project that I am working on is one I found in the most recent issue of Quick Quilts. There were quite a few fun projects in this issue including this one for quick placemats.
The placemats were two different styles.
I made the one that is pictured in the back.
You had to go on the website to get the pattern for
this placemat, but they also gave directions for napkins
and napkin rings.
Here is the link to the site:
My placemats in progress:
I grew up in a little town in Ohio called The Plains. At one time we had this enormous garden where mom and dad grew all kinds of veggies. Unfortunatly I didn't really like many vegetables back then. I keep hearing about how tasty a REAL tomato tastes. Not like those store bought ones! As I posted several months ago, my daughter and son-in-law bought me one of those Topsy Turvy tomato planters. I didn't have much luck..the tomato plant died within weeks. I started thinking about what I had done wrong and I think it was that I used regular ole dirt in the planter. The dirt packed in there so hard that they poor ole roots didn't even have a chance to grow! So I am trying again...this time I used Miracle Grow Moisture control potting soil.
Wish me luck, I'd sure like to have some tasty homegrown tomatos!
It may take a miracle!