Monday, March 16, 2009

Time in a Bottle

So I'm back to the Time in a bottle theme.
There just does not seem to be enough time in each day to accomplish all of the things I want/need to do!
I'll never understand how anyone could be bored!
I"ve been pretty frustrated lately because
I am unable to DO the things I want to do.
Machine quilting has been severely limited due to this latest outbreak of elbow/neck/upper& lower back pain!
I'm down to 1 quilt a week AND it takes me ALL WEEK to do it!
I've been trotting off to physical therapy a couple of times a week and at 2 hours a crack that sure does take alot of time! However I am learning some skills that hopefully will get me back to quilting for more than 15 minutes at a time!
I also spent 25 minutes laying in a coffin this week! (MRI) Let me tell you.........if you are not comfortable in small enclosed places it is not much fun!
I decided to keep my eyes closed and for 25 minutes I just thanked God for all of the blessings in my life.
The small enclosed space, the loud erratic noises of the the MRI machine just faded away and the time passed very quickly.
Now I just pray that they come up with something!
The last quilt that I was able to finish is this
Log Cabin Heart beauty.
I finished it JUST in the nick of time before
it speed off to Oregon for a wedding gift.
The maker was planning on doing the
hand binding while driving to Oregon.
(Thankfully she was the passenger!)


One of the other things I enjoy doing is gardening. I have the brownest thumb that you can imagine, but I do keep trying!

I really want to grow tomatoes so this birthday gift was pretty special. It is a Topsy Turvey tomato planter.

It hangs upside down from a hook.

The plant grows DOWN and the roots grow UP!

The bag is designed to be like a greenhouse.

This is what the plant looked like last Tuesday when it was planted. I'm going to take another picture tomorrow to see what a week has brought.

Happy St. Pats day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment