Wednesday, March 18, 2009

ST. Patrick's Day

My family began our St. Patrick's day with a GREEN breakfast........
green scrambled eggs, bacon, green pancakes and we skipped the green milk this year and had OJ instead.
I was asked what the meaning of St. Pat's day was............
HUM?????
My reply was that it had something to do with an Irish Saint named Patrick!
But I began to ponder the real reason so I googled it of course!
It seems that St. Patrick is credited for bringing Christianity to Ireland!
Here is an excerpt:
Why Saint Patrick's Day?
Saint Patrick's Day has come to be associated with everything Irish: anything green and gold, shamrocks and luck. Most importantly, to those who celebrate its intended meaning, St. Patrick's Day is a traditional day for spiritual renewal and offering prayers for missionaries worldwide.
Spiritual renewal?
Most Americans wear green and get smashed! We have an Irish pub a 1/2 a mile from our house. It was PACKED! They even put up a tent in the parking lot. We were lulled to sleep last night by music coming from the pub!
We ended our celebration by having Shepards Pie & bread for dinner and watching one of my favorite movies "The Quiet Man" with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara.
A couple of years ago while at quilt camp
I decided to try out a new pattern.
I wanted to make a table runner using shamrock fabric.
Now, I'm usually pretty good a following a new pattern, however this time I was enjoying a glass of wine while I was sewing this new pattern.....
I looks okay until you really look at it and
see that it is NOT symetrical.
Then when you fold it in half you can REALLY see that I screwed up!
Personally I think it is a
PERFECT tablerunner for St. Pat's day...........
I made it this way on purpose!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it
I embroidered this apron for a friend for her birthday.
This is one of her favorite expressions. I love it!



Happy Birthday Grandma Lizzie!






No comments:

Post a Comment