Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I've been crazy busy the last couple of days! I was able to spend a very enjoyable weekend up north at Pines and Needles Retreat. It was great for me to be able to take a few days off (and away from the quilting machine) to give my elbows a chance to rest.

Here is a picture of the whole group:

I was able to accomplish quite a bit of sewing while I was there. I put together this quilt top from strips of fabric that were already cut. I had participated in a strip swap awhile back and these were the black and white strips that I had traded. It was great to be able just to start sewing the strips together!The pattern for this quilt is called "Dancing Stars" and it is made specially for 2 1/2" strips.


This quilt is another t-shirt quilt in progress:


These are some of the other projects that I worked on while at camp:
a Greenbay pillow made out of a t-shirt, another pillow made out of a t-shirt (red square) a pair of Micro-mitts, a pillow case and 2 paper-pieced heart squares made from scraps of quilts that I have made and given away.


Before I went to camp I embroidered this Apron for Kim, the hostess and owner of Pines and Needles Quilt Retreat:





I also embroidered this apron for our friend Nicole who used to play soccer on Mike's team. Nicole and her husband Craig just purchased their first home and unfortunately I missed their housewarming party since I was at camp. But Mike and all the kids were able to go, so I sent this apron along in my place!
I"ve also had a birthday since I last wrote, the big Five-O, but I'll save that to write about for another day.





No comments:

Post a Comment