Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Time in a Bottle

Has anyone been able to "put time in a bottle" yet? Now THAT would be a discovery! It would be FLYING off the shelves! and the creators would be rolling in dough!




I sat down yesterday and made lists of what needs to be done in the next month and kinda started feeling panicky! Luckily my good friend Lyn called at about that time and saved me from throwing up my hands and going to the bar! Naw! I wouldn't do that..........but I thought about it!







I've been working on this quilt. It's a really pretty fall colored quilt........so appropriate for the weather we are starting to have. Kinda got me ready for fall. However, I was almost finished with this quilt, one long border to go, and suddenly my thread breaks on me! Upon further investigation I find that I HAD RUN OUT OF THREAD! No big deal right? Except that I buy my thread in California or at longarm quilt shows and most of our local quilt shops do not carry longarm thread! I quickly got on the phone and started calling the shops. I was delighted when I was told that 35th Ave Sew n Vac had EXACTLY the thread and color I needed! So I rushed over there, bought the thread and came home to finish up the quilt, only to find that it seemed to be a different "consistency or weight" from the thread I had been using. I usually buy the big professional cones of thread and the one I got at the local shop was the smaller spool. I tried everything I could think of to get this thread to work..............with absolutely NO LUCK! So I walked away for a day and somehow, miraculously this morning it worked! YIPPY! So the quilt is finally finished, except for some clean-up work (I check the quilt over for any areas I may have missed and clip threads and such). I'll post a picture of it next time.







My dear husband spent the weekend working on the secret garden. I wanted to have some raised beds so I could plant some tomatoes and such. He installed water and electricity all around the edge of the fence and they built lovely curved raised beds out of those nifty blocks that you can get. It looks really GREAT!






Water and electricity!





Building the beds.

Tomatoes planted!

No comments:

Post a Comment