Thursday, October 30, 2008

I am bad, bad, bad

I told you that it would be trouble if I bought an embroidery machine.......didn't I? Didn't I?
I've got my daughter's wedding in less than 2 weeks and I'm doing embroidery on this cool machine. Well...........technically the embroidery project is FOR the wedding so that is okay.......right?
My sister is coming in from Oregon and she has graciously offered to help me with the cooking on the wedding weekend ( we are having HERE at my house.....the rehersal dinner AND a luau brunch the day AFTER the wedding, plus just feeding everyone who is staying at my house!) AND my mother has offered to try to keep up with all the dirty dishes...........I figured that the LEAST I could do was to make aprons for them..........right?
Here they are:
Pretty cool aprons!
What started this apron craze was my HUSBAND!
He is going to India on Saturday and wanted to take aprons for his team of 10 people. Yes.......I embroidered 10 of these puppies! So he ordered aprons from a company on the internet and wanted a heart and TLC embroidered on them. I think that the "TLC" stands for Test Leadership Cooks. Something about making a statement about having too many cooks in the kitchen! I guess he is going to have his team wear these aprons (and chef's hats) to a meeting that they are all attending. Whatever...........!
.
So the aprons came in packs of 6 and he needed 10.............so there were 2 left over.
I had such fun designing these aprons. I really love my new machine. It is so much fun designing things on it. I knew I would love it............I knew it would take me away from things I really need to be doing..............like making curtains for my living room and cleaning bathrooms and such........but it was really fun. Guess I can clean bathrooms tomorrow......right?

No comments:

Post a Comment