Thankfully my longarm has been cooperating lately.
I think it may have something to do with the moister weather
I finished up quite a few quilts last week including these two:
Sometimes it is scary to use a high contrast thread.....ANY little blips or mistakes show up BIG TIME! Plus, in the past I've had problem using this particular brand of polyester varigated thread. The static electricity tends to build up and cause all sorts of problems including thread breakage every time you turn around. One of the things that was suggested to me by Mark at APQS was to run a dryer static sheet over my rails and thread path to help with the build up. I did that, but I also cut a little piece of the dryer sheet and attached it to the first thread guide on my machine. Worked like a charm!
The varigated thread looked awesome on the black sashing and borders. Love the way this quilt turned out.
Here is a detail pic of the quilt:
The next quilt that I worked on was this very manly quilt made for Nolan by his Winky Katrina!
Nolan loves cars and Yellow!
So Katrina asked me if I could quilt cars all the was around the perimeter of this quilt.
I started the top with racing flags and cars with the number 3.
Nolan will be getting this quilt for his 3rd birthday.
These cars and trucks were designs from
Anne Bright's Quilting pattern books
and transferred to the quilt top using a laser light following the pattern.
Continuous curve quilting on center blocks.
Back of quilt!
Finished up another large quilt top tonight, but still need to
go thru and check for threads and remove the chalk markings.
Will post a picture soon!
Gotta close with a picture of my sweet baby girl.