Sunday, June 20, 2010

Surprise Kathy!



Last night we attended a surprise party for my sweet friend Kathy.
A couple of months ago I received a phone call from Kathy's daughter Tiffany who was in search of names and addresses of the FNQers and Bunko ladies.
 so she could invite them to the party.
Providing addresses was easy.....the hard part was trying to come up
with just the right gift.......
Kathy likes quilt kits.....but she has a ton of those and no time
to complete them.  However I knew that she did have a stack of
unquilted pieced quilt tops that needed to be finished.
So while she was away on a trip I asked her husband Paul if I could
have a look in her sewing room and "borrow" one of her unfinished tops.
So that's what I did...........Paul brought over a stack
of tops and I chose the following ones and finished them up.


Label:
Kathy pieced this little wallhanging at our last retreat at Emmanual Pines.
That was a years ago!
This little quilt needed to be finished!


The party was alot of fun, well attended and Kathy was surprised when
she walked thru the door.
Mike took a ton of pictures.
So many that the battery in the camera died near the end of the evening.
Pictures will follow when the camera battery is charged!

Stay tuned............the last tutorial in the t-shirt quilt willbe coming sometime this coming week.

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there............
especially to my Dad in San Diego....wish I could  be with you today!

tammy




1 comment: