Saturday, April 24, 2010

More Pink



Micro-Mitts and Mini purses
are some of my favorite things to make.
These little gifts are destined to become prizes.
I love the little bear embroidery on one of the change purses.
This was a first for me to include embroidery on this project.

Last night my friend Kathy and I got together to
work on a quilt to be used to auction to raise
money for the 3Day breast cancer walk.
Here are the blocks in progress:
Our friend Tana is walking again this year and
needs to raise close to $3000!
So she asked me if I could make a quilt to auction.
She is having a Bunko/Bingo/LCR extravaganza in May to raise funds.
Here is the near completed top:
We just need to add a border or two, quilt and bind
and we will be finished.

I walked the 3Day with Tana several years ago and it is an amazing challenge. 
First you have to raise ALOT of cash,
then you have to train like crazy.
(I walked 40 miles a week for MONTHS to prepare!)
Then you have the actual walk......
20 miles a day for 3 days straight!
Not to mention sleeping in tents and using
port-a-potties for 3 days!
You go TANA!

 
I've quilted several quilts in the last couple of days
including this hand embroidered on by Mary.



And these two little quilts by grandma Lee.

We've had a couple of really COLD days here in Phoenix
which has been quite a shock after our 96 degree days.
I'm soaking it up in preparation for the HOT days to come!


1 comment:

  1. I've loved looking at all your gorgeous quilting ! Wow that walk sounds like a big one for a great cause , good on you 1

    ReplyDelete