Sunday, March 21, 2010

My Quilt arrived!



My Wintertime Mini Quilt Swap quilt arrived yesterday
and this is what I received:


This sweet little snowman arrived
from Dorothy in Illinois.
The snowman is hand embroidered and is surrounded by snowflake buttons. 
I LOVE the swirly blue border fabric.
Thanks Dorothy!

My brother Bob has been visiting from Utah
for the last several days. 
It has been awhile since I've seen him so it
has been really wonderful to catch up.
I've just realized that I didn't take a single picture
of him while he was here and he left
late last night to begin his long journey
back to Utah. 

Spring has arrived here in Phoenix
and so have my tulips.
Well one of my tulips anyway.
The air is heavy with the smell of orange blossoms
and if you are one of the lucky ones who is not allergic
to this smell it is heavenly indeed!


A week or so ago I planted some
Sweet Pea seeds in this
containter which has seed starting packets
and some of the seeds have sprouted.
I'm hoping that these plants really
take off and grow
well as I'm hoping to have flowers on them by the
first part of May.  Wish me luck!

On the quilting front:
I finished up my last quilt for

I'll be dropping this and 2 others off at Rosies
next week while I am in California.
I know that they have over
100 more quilts that need
to be quilted so I just may be bringing
home 6 more quilts to do by June.
Anyone out there have any batting they'd like to donate?


I quilted a lovely quilt for Beth,
but forgot to take a picture of it.
It was a Yellow Brick Road quilt made
with beautiful bright fabrics.
I did take a picture of the label.


I wanted to include a picture of Lee holding this
cute little baby quilt that she made.
Lee came over one day to show me this top
and was questioning how to go about quilting it.
We added a very thick puffy batting
and she stitched in the ditch and
this quilt turned out wonderful!
I had not seen this method of doing a biscuit quilt,
but it looks super fast and easy!

Today will be a day of
laundry and gathering things
for my trip to California.
Primarily the trip is to go to
Disneyland with Jenny.
Remember?
I earned this trip by volunteering at
(Go to this link for information on how
you can get the same deal!)
I got to volunteer at a DOG WALK
surrounded by a million muddy dogs!
However on this trip I will also be acquiring
some fabric, searching for some quilting patterns
that I need for customer quilts and also
buying some quilting thread from the longarm shop in San Diego.


No comments:

Post a Comment