Friday, January 14, 2011

Margarita Cupcake recipe

I'm reposting the recipe link for the Margarita cupcakes AND below you will find the recipe I use to make my Never Fail Buttercream frosting.

Here is the link again for Recipe Girl's Margarita Cupcakes:


Just look at all the yummy ingrediants in these cupcakes!


Many years ago, and I mean MANY years ago!  I took a Wilton Cake decorating class down at what was Christown Mall.  It was a 6 or eight week class and each week we had to make a cake and then take it to the class to learn a decorating technique.  Mike and I used to just leave a fork by the cake and have a bite when we walked by.  Oh.....to have the metabolism of a person in their 20's again!!!!

At the last class the instructor gave us this recipe for buttercream frosting.
I didn't even have a piece of paper to write it on!  I tore off a piece of cardboard from a box and wrote down this recipe:

Never Fail Buttercream frosting

1 lb powdered sugar   (that is one box or 4 cups)
1/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp butter extract  (omit this if you use butter shortning)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter or shortning  ( I ALWAYS use Crisco shortning)

Place all of the ingrediants in a bowl and mix until smooth
This will make a stiff icing suitable for piping.
Add milk a little at a time to desired consistancy.

I still have this recipe written on the cardboard!
Maybe I should write it on a proper recipe card!

So here are the changes I made for making the frosting for the
Margarita cupcakes:

Instead of using the 1/4 cup milk I added 2 T. fresh lime juice.
The icing was VERY stiff and since I didn't think Milk would go very
well with the lime juice and I really needed to thin this down abit AND
I still had some margarita mix......I added the margarita mix in small amounts
until I reached the desired consistancy!

I hope that you make these cupcakes and ENJOY them!

No comments:

Post a Comment